Kasey Jo Alumni Appeal


Dear Former FFA Officer,

My name is Rachel (Fehringer) Bina and served as Colorado FFA President 1995-96 and National FFA Vice President 1996-97. I am writing to you to ask for your participation in the fundraising to install the state officer jacket of Kasey Jo (Walker) Warner to the Colorado FFA Foundation Blue Jacket Society.

At our last officer reunion at NJC, I greatly enjoyed the comradery of seeing you all again. But also took note of those missing from our alumni.  As Don Thorn, foundation director, explained the induction criteria for the Blue Jacket Society, I couldn’t help but think of Kasey Jo Walker, her tragic departure from us, and that she would have loved to have been among us. I thought of her dedicated service to Colorado FFA as Vice President in 1998-99 and her career as a rancher and educator that proceeded.  When you have time, please web-search her obituary as a reminder of her remarkable character.

My goal is to raise the $5,000 donation necessary to install Kasey’s jacket at the CoBank Center in Fort Collins.  The next installation ceremony will take place at CSU AgDay this fall so I’m hoping you will join me in getting this done in the coming months.  If we chip in an average of twenty-five dollars I know we can easily meet the goal.

The proceeds from the program go to the Colorado FFA Foundation general fund for ag education programs and scholarships.  Kasey Jo’s jacket will be framed in a shadow box at the CoBank Center, along with her biography. She will be recognized among those remembered during the presentation of scholarships at the FFA state convention.

Feel free to copy and forward this letter along to anyone you think might be interested in helping my cause.  I am confident that among the network of our former officer alumni and we can pay this fitting tribute to our friend Kasey Jo Warner.

Please contact me with any questions. Or Don Thorn directly at the Colorado FFA Foundation.  You can make donations payable online at www.coloradoffafoundation.org. Just make a note of the donation to Kasey Jo Walker’s Blue Jacket Society.  Or check payable to the Colorado FFA Foundation. Mailed to P.O. Box 1000, Greeley, CO 80632.

Best regards,


Rachel (Fehringer) Bina
1995-96 Colorado FFA President




Comments

Popular posts from this blog